Sunday, May 29, 2016

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation + Concealer Review + Swatch

Milani has been churning out some new products that have definitely upped the level of quality of drugstore products. Today's review will consist of the new foundation launched by Milani. Click on to find out my thoughts about this new product.

For the spring season, Milani jumped on some bandwagons like the liquid lipstick trend but also cultivated some new products of their own. One of which is the new foundation which claims it can also act as a concealer.

It is worth noting that this is not a first for a brand to put out such a product. The two other similar products that come to mind are:


(image from Sephora)
This launched, I believe, around the fall of 2015. The premise behind this is similar to Milani's in that it covers the two most important aspect of a base routine: the foundation and concealer. I personally have not tried this product so I can not give you a comparison unfortunately.

The other product that is similar is:


(image from Jordana Cosmetics)
This is a interesting one because Jordana is the sister company to Milani. Like the Clinique I have not tried this mainly because it is more difficult to find as opposed to Milani. I am curious to see if the formulation and overall wear is similar to the Milani one since formulas have been shared before (The Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eye Pencil is a cheaper and exact version of the Milani Shadow Eyes Pencil)

Onto the actual review
My shade in this is TAN.

Packaging
 This comes in a glass bottle with a PUMP. The pump has a indent with my assumption of making it easier to pump the product out. 





Texture: 
This is a VERY thick consistency. It almost has a mousse like consistency in that it does come out purely liquid like a traditional foundation would. It has a hold to it once comes out.


Coverage:
 If you were to use a typical flat top foundation brush, then you would be able to get away with a medium-full coverage. However using a sponge will give you a solid medium coverage.
Used with a Real Technique sponge. The left is the before and the right is the after

Used a brush (Zoeva 110 Face Shape)



The nose ring side (your right) is using a sponge. The non nose ring side (left) is using a brush.

Application:

This is a foundation that I believe needs a sponge. Without a sponge, the foundation can become too cakey.  It can spread, but even using one pump can become too much due to the consistency of it a well as the coverage. 

It states that it can be used a concealer, and that is actually one of my favorite ways to use it.

I will use as a concealer one of two ways: The first is by applying one pump of it all over by face with a wet Real Technique sponge. Then I'll go in with a much smaller amount and coverage the larger areas that need coverage which is my cheeks because I have acne scaring. Sometimes with this method, I will go in with a regular concealer brush and apply it to the area that I need it. Then, I'll use that sponge again to blend out the edges.

The second method I use is for a more "natural" or "no makeup" look. I use Mac Face and Body in C6 and apply it all over with my hands. Then I will take a dry sponge, typically the tip end of the RT sponge, and pump out the tiniest amount onto my the back of my hand. Then I will go in and cover the acne scarring on my face. A little will honestly go a long way. 

You do not need even one pump to cover up remaining trouble areas if you have a base layer of foundation.

Overall:
I really like this foundation, because it's versatile. It really can be used a one and done type of product in terms of base. If you are in a rush, and don't have type to pull out your foundation, concealer for spots/non undereye, and your undereye concealer, then this can work for you.

My one gripe with this is that I wish the pump had more control, because trying to get the tiny amount of product I need is sometimes a struggle.

Would you pick up this product? If so, why? If not, then why not? Did you like the structure of this review, or should it be changed? Let me know!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.