Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 18/30

Your Favorite Photo of Yourself

Apologies for this being a day late! But I got sidetracked yesterday. Anyways, today's topic was originally going to be "A Photo of Yourself" and to be honest, since this is a mixture of beauty and lifestyle, you have already seen my face.
Instead, I decided to change this and make it "A favorite photo of yourself".
However, I've excluded any photos of me with friends and/or family because I don't want to plaster their faces across my blog without their permission.




Hmm..who saw this coming? You, maybe? 
I love this picture, because it means more to me than just a picture with two people most people have never heard of.

I talked about my experience meeting Dan and Phil (the guys pictured) in another blog post, which can be found here.

But I don't think I ever really explained why I wanted to go meet them and see them perform.
I started watching Dan first. The very first video of his that I watched I Will Go Down With This Ship. At that time, I was in my first semester of college and was in the One Direction fandom. 

Someone on Tumblr had reblogged his video, and then I thought he was really hilarious, then I kept watching more and more of his videos. 
I sadly don't remember what was the first video of Phil's I watched was! Oops.

But for the past 3 and half years, I saw these two guys grow not only in success but also in happiness.
Dan went from being a college dropout to find happiness in a medium that he is good at and enjoys.
While Phil did go onto college, but his path took a different turn.
Either ways, their stories show that just because something was originally panned out for you, doesn't mean that is where that is where you'll land.

As mentioned before, I struggle with depression and anxiety. Their videos helped me cope with that, and to be finally able to meet them was just phenomenal. 

I know I talked about how short the M&G was, but I honestly wish I had the chance to tell them how proud I was of them.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.