Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 1 of 30

Today marks the first day out of 30 for the 30 day blogger challenge that I talked about here



I'm assuming the topic is about the meaning behind the blog name. 


This blog wasn't always called Glitter plus Geek. It was initially going to beauty blog with a focus on makeup. The original blog name was The Deadly Lipstick. However I realized that as much as I love and am passionate about makeup, I think I could dive into other realms of life.

That I wanted a space where I could express my thoughts and opinions on various things, without being restricted. I wanted to give advice and showcase my experiences. 

Essentially like a diary.

My original beauty blog did 'meh' in terms of readers, but because I was still in college, it was difficult for me to juggle blogging as well as college life. I probably could have done more as more and more makeup releases happened, but I just didn't have the time nor the energy. 

So how did I come up with the name Glitter Plus Geek?

I wanted a blog that reflected my personality/aesthetics but wanted it to be catchy or at least easy to remember. So after a while I decided upon Glitter Plus Geek because it combines for all of my love for glittery things (feminine things, "girly" things, etc) for my interest in geeky things (superhero movies, science, politics, etc).

I feel like the two combines my aesthetics completely. If you need further proof, then look no further than my college graduation cap:
It has a glittery/sparkly paper with glittery letters accompanied by a T-Rex and my favorite line from Jurassic Park from this scene.

I hope you got to learn a little something about me and this blog!
Stay tuned for Day Two!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.