Friday, May 20, 2016

Day 3/30

This is the third day of my 30 day blogging challenge which can be found here.

I feel like this is kind of a hard one as I love quotes.
However here are some of my favorites (I know it said favorite quote but I think most of us have more than one favorite!)

This one is from Doctor Who, more specifically from the Eleventh Doctor (played by Matt Smith).

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."

I absolutely loved this Doctor. I know everyone's favorite is the Tenth Doctor (played by David Tennant) but the 11th Doctor just resides within me. Maybe it's because some days I feel more young and naive and believe in the good of things. While other days, I feel like a old soul because of all the things that have happened in my life and feel like I've seen it all.

This quote is my favorite, because I feel that no matter how bad life has gotten, I'll still muster up the thought that things could be wonderful. That I dream of a better world, a better future for my friends and family. As someone who struggles with depression and anxiety, it's hard to dream of a future for myself, but with every situation I always expect and imagine the improbable outcome. That the outcome in my head will match the reality, and that is almost never  the case. Regardless, I still like to imagine things that will never happen because I think it keeps me sane in some levels.

The other favorite quote of mine, also from the 11th Doctor is

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

This one is slightly more deep. I really love this quote because it reminds me that sure I didn't graduate college with honors or have as much chords and medals around me. But none of those really matter. Even if I graduate with some, would I really be telling my nieces or nephews about the time that I pulled a all nighter just so I can get a gold chord around my neck?  Or would I rather tell them about the time that I got me, and my two friends locked out of our dorm room and had to do a wild goose chase to get back in?

Medals, and awards are fun and I'm not trying to bash anyone's achievements.
But I think the road to it is much better. Because there are tidbits that get lost but when you listen, it makes the journey so much more interesting and rewarding.

If you've never watched Doctor Who and the quotes inspire you to take a peak, then please do and let me know in the comments afterwards!
What is your favorite quote and why? Maybe I'll add some to my wall!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.