Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 10/30


Part of the 30 day blog series.


I've had a few adventures in my short life, but I think the best one was when I went back to my home country of Bangladesh this past winter (Dec 2015/ Jan 2016).

A short story so it makes sense. I was born in Bangladesh and ethnically I am Bengali/Bangali/Bangladeshi, whatever the term is. I came to the US when I was 3 years old with my mother and twin brother because my father lived here.
We went for a trip when I was 10 years old. Then almost a decade later, I finally went back at the age of 21.

It was really interesting to go back and see family that I haven't seen in a very long time.

We first stayed in the city at my grandfather's sister's house for a few days. There was so much noise, and my great aunt lived right next to a mosque, so hearing the morning prayer was...interesting. It was hard to sleep the first couple of nights because there was so much noise coming from the outside.

Then we went to the countryside where my maternal grandparents live. It was kind of odd to be far away from the center. It was a lot more quiet. However, it was election season there and the candidates would have microphone attached to these that would repeat their speech.

Here are some of the pictures from my trip. Do not use without my permission. If you'd like to use the images, then please contact me.

A park that had some swings

This was near a uncovered Buddhist temple

Side of a road

I think this was at one of my family member's house?

This a lost Buddhist temple that was being uncovered


Again, near the rediscovered Buddhist temple

Another grass sculpture near the Buddhist temple

To end it. Here is a picture of me on New Year's Day. Miss that short hair.

What was your favorite trip? Or if you haven't been to one, what would be your ideal trip? Let me know in the comments!








No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.