Saturday, May 21, 2016

Day 4/30

This is day 4 of my blogging challenge.
Sidenote: If this was a 20 day blogging challenge, then today would be 4/20.


This prompt seems too coincidental with my recent graduation. Whether you have graduated high school or college or even have been out of school for a while, the dreaded question of "what are you going to do with your life?" seems to be just around the corner.

Does anyone remember being in kindergarten (or equivalant) and being asked a little kid what you wanted to be when you grow up? Or what is your dream job? This question takes me back to that time.

This may sound silly to most people, but:

I'd really love a career in blogging/(potential Youtube)

I think the explosion with social media and the way it has shifted how people interact is really interesting.

Does anyone remember MySpace?

I remember having that in a time that I probably shouldn't have. No real brands advertised on it, but now there is a huge surge for every brand to be on every social media, even Snapchat.

Even Youtubers/bloggers are taking over what once was celebrity status. You have Bethany Mota who created her own line for Aeropostale, or Dan & Phil creating their own book and launching their own tour. There is a space for internet stardom that has never been there before.

I would love to create a community where everyone is welcomed, which is why I started this. I'd love to make money from blogging, who wouldn't want to make money from their passion?

However, maybe that is not in the cards for me. If that's the case, I'd still love to be in a career field that helps others. I've always had a knack for making sure others were okay. Whether I help people through this blog or through another job, I always want to create an environment were everyone is welcome but also feel like they are welcomed. 

Tell me, what is your dream job? Did you achieve it already? What was your dream job as a kid versus now?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.