Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 7/30


I'm going to go with my five favorite at the moment:


 I will say that for the longest time, I held off on listening to one of her songs. Her entire baby like persona creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable. That said, I really love this song. It represents a lot of my own childhood growing up, and it resents with me.

I first watched Troye ages ago on Youtube. I eventually stopped because he didn't upload as frequently, and his videos no longer interested me. When I heard that it he moved onto music, I rolled my eyes initially: Oh, ANOTHER Youtuber moving onto outside gigs.

But I was very wrong. This song gives off this feeling that I can't help but get myself wrapped in. It's a wanderlust type of song, and the melody is something you'd use to daydream in. 
Just me?

When Adele released her new album, I was ecstatic. A voice that comes so rarely, with lyrics that does mimic the same heartbreak songs, but in a different tone.
This song resonates with me, because I had recently cut off contact with my ex who had found a new girlfriend.
I felt like Adele reached into my soul when she made the album and in particular this song. It is a heartbreak and farewell song all wrapped into one.

Oh wow, another Troye song. Yep.
This song is one that goes deeper than love but about mortality and life after death. 
It is a heavy song but it requires a heavy heart. 
I really recommend giving this a listening out of all of the songs I have listed because Troye has tapped into lyrical genius.

Honestly, the entire Blue Neighborhood could be my life album. Well, mixed with Adele's 25. 
Once again, I am burying myself into a ditch for the intial lack of respect I gave to Troye when I heard he became a musician. 
The lyrics and beat is just very well put. We all have been in love with or had crushes on people that we look back on to see as fools. And yet, we may still harbor feelings for them.

Also if you can't get enough for my love for Troye, I'd recommend listenting to Wild, but the xxyyxx remix

Tell me in the comments: What are you five favorites of the moment? Who should I check out?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please do not spam the comment section. This means no advertisement to your own website.